Saturday, November 24, 2012

"Trust me, I'm an engineer"

For all of us studying a non-tech field, engineering comes across as a very intensive course. Oh the million practicals and journals and lectures and the programming etc etc. Must be a pain. I held the same belief for a very long time. That engineers might not get to enjoy their college life and fool around like the rest of us do.

Of course, this notion that I had was quashed. But I hadn't expected a game to do it for me. While conversations in-game were always very intriguing, practically everyone playing was asked, "What are you studying?"

If any kid would reply, "I go to school,"; to say that he would be virtually ragged is a major understatement. The other players would automatically lose respect and make such smartass comments that the school kid would never fathom.

Anyway, one thing I noticed was that practically every second person was doing/had done engineering. For example- Jack Ass, Executor, Predator, Stingy, Goku. I mean all of them! What I failed to understand was- WHERE THE HELL DID THEY GET THE TIME TO PLAY?!?!?!?!?!?!

When I happened to ask a player about this who does not wished to be mentioned, he replied with a certain sense of foolish pride which we both laughed about later saying, "You see... CS has a lot of stuff which is well managed by those who are studying engineering." Of course, mentally I simply wanted to reply, "Well managed, my ass." (I mean come on!! Have they seen the amount of lag and the dropping fps in practically all the servers?! and don't even get me started on their helpful advice about, "Change your isp")

So basically, the next time you want your computer fixed by a friend of yours and he says, "Trust me, I'm an engineer," slap him hard across his face and ask, "Saale, M4 leta tha ki AK?"

3 comments:

  1. hahaha i'll slap one more if he says awp :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. and i think i'll back dino :P..(jo CS me pros hai wo engineering 6 saal me khatam karte hai...thats y they r pros :P)

    ReplyDelete
  3. akki dats so true....mera bhi ye hi hall hone wala hai ....(think so)...:P

    ReplyDelete